The following RFC documents are related to LFTP:
- RFC854 - TELNET protocol, also used as underlying protocol for FTP.
- RFC959 - FTP protocol.
- RFC1123 - Requirements for Internet Hosts -- Application and Support.
In particular it states that programs should try all IP addresses
of multihomed hosts. lftp-2.0.0 and later does so.
- RFC1738 - URL syntax specification (FTP /%2F too).
- RFC1945 - HTTP/1.0 protocol.
- RFC2052 - SRV DNS records. lftp-2.0.2 and later optionally support it.
- RFC2228 - FTP Security Extensions.
- RFC2389 - Feature negotiation mechanism for the File Transfer Protocol. It is implemented in lftp-3.0.0.
- RFC2428 - FTP over IPv6. lftp-2.0.0 and later support it.
- RFC2616 - HTTP/1.1 protocol.
- RFC2617 - HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest Access Authentication. Digest authentication is implemented in lftp-4.7.0.
- RFC2640 - Internationalization of the File Transfer Protocol. It is implemented in lftp-3.0.0.
- RFC3659 - Extensions to FTP.
- RFC4217 - Securing FTP with TLS.
BitTorrent related documents: